Tuesday 25 March 2014

Owl

Feeling bored one day at home and the need to do some 'mosaicing', I rummaged in my kitchen cupboards and found this bamboo chopping board which has a loose handle and decided to do an Owl.  This is for my Mother-in-Law who collects owls in any shape or form.  

The start
I drew the outline on the board and had the owl sitting on a branch but later found out that I had no suitable tiles for the branch so went to Plan B and gave him legs!  Cutting the square tiles and forming circles was quite challenging but I think the result speaks for itself.

Progress
I now wish I had made the centre of the circle in the wing slightly larger to have more of an effect.  Another lesson learnt!

Ready for Grouting
 I covered the board around the owl in masking tape to protect it from the grout.  I had done a frog on a rock previously and didn't protect the rock and the frog had a white film around it . . .


Masked Owl!

Finished

Ready to take home back to Kenya for Polly!

Did you know that at group of Owls is called a 'Parliament of Owls'?



No comments:

Post a Comment